March 30, 2010

Have you missed us . . . ?

Okay, so my idea of using my blog as a type of journal has not been going very well. I get busy, and blogging is the last thing on my mind.
Where to begin? What to report?
Brian is doing very well in school and his grades are excellent. He has really been enjoying everything he has been learning. He is getting anxious to be done with school and getting back out in "real world" making money and supporting his family. He has taken on another project this semester and upon its completion, the school will give him a scholarship that will cover his tuition for his remaining summer semester. He has been super busy with his everyday homework and the project yet he still manages to be a wonderful father and a terific husband.
Briton has been doing very well in school. He has been getting 100%'s on his math and spelling tests every week. He loves to read and has started reading some small chapter books, I think his favorites are the Flat Stanley books. He is getting ready to take the IRI tests where the kids have to read so many words per minute, but I don't think Briton is going to have a problem with that. The kids have to read 53 words per minute and when we time him at home he is reading upwards of 80 words per minute. His teacher sent a note home the other day that she didn't need to meet with us for parent teacher conferences because he is doing so well and she was just going to send the papers home with him. I am so very proud of my boy!
Parker, oh what to say about Parker. He has learned to write his name and is writing it on every piece of paper he can find. He tried to play soccer, but get a little nervous with the crowd of parents watching and the crowd of kids chasing the ball around the field so he decided he was done. I am proud of the little guy for trying and maybe he'll grow out of this "phobia" or whatever it is he has with crowds. He can be so funny sometimes and loves to play with his big brother.
Kaelee is a true princess! She loves to dress up in her princess costumes and has even worn them to daycare a few times. (I have learned to pick my battles.) She loves to follow mommy around the house and watch me put on my makeup and do my hair. She is even a good little mommy to her many baby dolls. I love my boys with all my heart, but there is just something about my little girl that I just cannot explain. I love her to death!
I, on the other hand, have been struggling. I feel that something is "off" within me. I am in the process of getting some blood tests run to check my thyroid. The doctor is also checking for some vitamin deficiencies. I hope that something turns up and we can figure out what is going on. My kids need their mommy back and Brian needs his wife back. I will post the results when I know.
That about covers the past month and a half of the goings on in the Blauer household. I am looking forward to Easter and the Easter Bunny hiding all the plastic eggs around the house for the kids to find Easter morning.

No comments: