August 17, 2009

The worries of a protective mother . . .

As a new school year quickly approaches, I can't help but worry about my oldest as he prepares to enter the first grade. Will his teacher pronounce his name correctly? Will he make new friends quickly? Will he be able to find the lunch room? Will he like the food? Will the other kids pick on him because of his height? Will his long legs fit under his desk? Will he ever learn to tie his own shoes? Will he make it to the bus stop in the mornings? Will he remember his bus number to come home? I could go on and on. I handled the Kindergarten days pretty well; perhaps because I knew he would only be gone for a few hours. I am NOT looking forward to his absence for the better part of the day. He has been a best friend to his little brother and a protector to his little sister during these busy summer months.
I love my children and I love watching them grow! I pray often that I can protect them and guide them down the right paths. I pray for their success in everything that they do, whether it's schoolwork or just simply playing. I also pray that they will always know how much I love them. My heart could burst from the amount of love I hold for these three precious beings as only a mother's heart could.
Briton, as you start the first grade, remember to always treat others nicely, ask for directions if you get lost on the way to lunch, take at least one bite of everything, and please, please, do NOT forget your bus number! Mommy loves you!

2 comments:

Jana Rae said...

That is precious Summer! It is fun to be the person on the other end recieving these special spirits in our class. Everything will go well if he has the right teacher.
As a teacher I am looking forward to meeting my students and I am just as nervous as they are. Will they like me? Will they know I care about them? Will they follow the rules? Will they understand the lessons I teach? Will they get along with each other? It goes on and on. But I put my Faith and Trust in the Lord and it all turns out okay!
And then I think about my students from last year and how much I love them and am going to miss them, but I know they will be taken care of by the next teacher.
I wish Briton the best of luck. He is such a fun, loving kid that he will have no probably. He is able to make friends easily and is so smart.
How fun, 1st Grade! Go Briton!

Diana said...

I know exactly what you mean Summer! Kai started first grade today as well. In fact when I got pushed out of the classroom this morning she was crying. I felt like such a horrible mom. However, when I picked her up she was great. In fact she can not wait to go back in the morning!