June 11, 2009

A family amid uncertain times

After taking some time out of my much needed cleaning time to "catch up" on the latest news from my family members' blogs, I realized just how much I take my blog for granted. What a great way for me to keep a journal, of sorts, for my children.

Brian and I were married almost 8 years ago in the Logan, Utah LDS Temple. I have always loved the Logan temple because it looks like a castle; I always wanted to be a princess and I knew that this was one way I could truly feel like one! Brian was my prince in a black tuxedo and although he no longer wears his tux, he is still, and will forever be, my prince.

We started our lives together in a tiny one bedroom apartment in Pocatello where he went to ISU's Tech College studying Electrical Technology and I worked at the Pocatello Womens Correctional Center. Upon Brian's completion of his schooling he landed a job with the City of Burley and with me being 4 months pregnant we moved to a very small two bedroom home in Heyburn. It was here that our first child was born.

I have told my son this story several times and he loves to hear me repeat it often: When I first found out that I was pregnant, I knew I was going to have a little boy. In fact, I wore a blue sweater to work that day and made sure everybody knew I was having a little boy. And not just any little boy; a little boy with blond hair and blue/grey eyes! When it came time for the ultrasound I agreed to find out the sex of this little body growing inside of me, although I really didn't need to know. Briton Craig Blauer was born October 7, 2002. Only my wedding day brought as much joy to me as seeing this beautiful little boy swaddled in my arms!

During the time that Brian worked for the City of Burley, we lived in three different homes and welcomed our second child. Parker Cole Blauer was born December 17, 2004. He is my miracle baby. I know his story may be small and insignificant compared to some, but he is my miracle.

Parker had a very difficult time coming into this world. He was not breathing and his blueness had me freaking out! The nurses took him away immediately and all I could ask Brian was if my baby was going to be okay. He couldn't give me a definite answer because he was wondering the same thing himself. Parker had fluid on his lungs and was having a lot of trouble breathing; he had to wear a special plastic "collar" and I was unable to hold him for the first few days of his life. Brian, Scott (his brother), and Bri's father gave our little boy a priesthood blessing; they wheeled me into the nursery so I could be there. I remember a feeling of complete comfort and knowing that my son would grow up to be a fun, active, and inspiring little boy!

Brian decided to try his hand at a school in Arizona, so we packed up our belongings and headed off an . . . adventure, to put it mildly. Needless to say Brian did not get into the school and ended up being t-boned by a semi truck on his way to work. Things were not working and if we continued to live where we were, we were not going to be a family much longer. We moved back to Burley where we lived with Brian's parents for a little while until he landed a job with Idaho Power. This job moved our young family to Blackfoot, ID.

We found a three bedroom apartment that was just right for our little family especially since we were expecting our third child by this time. Kaelee Elizabeth Blauer was born May 6, 2007. Kaelee's story is similar to Briton's. I knew the moment I found out I was pregnant that I was going to have a little girl. Brian and I had talked many times about the number of children we wanted; I never wanted a large family and Brian didn't care either way. Knowing this baby I was carrying was a little girl made my life so utterly complete so we decided she was going to be our last. Kaelee is my little angel and my life still feels complete.

Living in Blackfoot has brought some challenges, of which I do not wish to endure ever again! Thus, we have lived in three different places here.

After Brian found out that he was going to be losing his job with Idaho Power, he began looking for something else. It has not been an easy thing for him knowing that he needs to find someting that will be sufficient enough to continue providing for his family. He got on with the Electrical Union where he could do his apprenticeship and get his Journeyman's license. This job has us moving to the Magic Valley. We found a small four bedroom home in Jerome, which is where this new family adventure begins today . . .

I am thankful for all that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with, for the challenges that I have been faced with, and the lessons I have learned from such challenges. I know that I will forever continue to be a work in progress. My greatest hope is that one day my children will look back and say, "My dad and mom are my heroes and I want to be just like them when I grow up!"

No comments: